Managing Flood Damage with SERVPRO Professionals
During the summer the entire state of California as well as the Baldwin Park area is at risk for severe weather including thunderstorms and excessive rains. According to the Public Policy Institute of California, the entire state is prone to flood damage since most of the state is vulnerable to flooding. Once water builds up on the streets in your neighborhood it can then find its way into your home.
During any flood damage project in your South Pasadena or San Marino home or commercial building, our SERVPRO restoration technicians know that removing moisture quickly is the most vital part. We conduct prompt water removal first by extracting it using heavy-duty extractors. Then, we use air movers and dehumidifiers to dry out your contents and structural components. Once all of the moisture inside your home gets removed, we conduct a final cleaning and deodorization process that usually includes carpet cleaning.
Anytime we clean anything including carpets we utilize the same elements. First, we find the soil and identify its type, and we figure out the type of surface that appears to be affected. Next, we capture the soils in a dry, particulate form, or a solution, so they are easier to control. Then, we remove and properly dispose of the soils.
Whenever our SERVPRO technicians clean carpets after restoration procedures, we do it in the following six steps:
- Vacuuming: This first step uses air as a medium and can many times remove half of the soils inside carpets and upholstery.
- Soil Suspension: Soils that cannot be removed by vacuuming sometimes must be emulsified or dissolved before getting sucked up into a vacuum.
- Wash: During the wash step, a cleaning agent is applied to the surface and agitated so that it penetrates the carpet and the soils loosen up.
- Rinse: In the rinse stage, the cleaning solution and suspended soils get removed.
- Waste Water Disposal: In most cases, we can dispose of the rinse water material into your sewage drain, but we always make sure the disposal method we choose abides by all state and local regulations.
- Dry: During the drying process, all of the remaining moisture and emulsified soils get removed from the carpet fibers so that they can return to their normal appearance and texture.
In case of a flooding incident in South Pasadena or San Marino, call SERVPRO of South Pasadena / San Marino to help. We can be reached at (626) 852-9922 anytime. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.