Never Leave Your Stove On
We received a call from an insurance representative about a client of theirs that received fire damage in their home. The cause of the loss was a stove that was left turned on, resulting in the cooking pan catching fire. As the tenant was leaving their home they noticed smoke coming out of their window. They ran back inside and attempted to put it out by throwing water on it. By then it was too late, the fire had already grown which made the situation worse. They evacuated the home and waited for the fire department to arrive and put it out. Fortunately the home was saved but not without damage to the kitchen and leaving the owners distressed from this experience.
Always remember to turn off the stove and cooking equipment when not in use. Not doing so can result in a fire starting and within one minute you can suddenly have a variety of complications and high stress levels. Also, if the fire is too dangerous or you feel you don't know how to properly put one out, then the safest thing to do is to evacuate the home until help arrives. It’s always a great idea to know the number of your local fire department as well, the faster you call them the faster they will arrive. If you ever require assistance in mitigating fire damage, feel free to contact SERVPRO of South Pasadena / San Marino at (626) 852-9922. We are also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We specialize in fire damage and we always want to help you with your situation.