Clamp Light Was Left Turned On
A clamp light was accidentally left on over the weekend. This resulted in a small fire that led to extensive water damage. Fortunately, the fire sprinklers set off and they were able to put away the fire; preventing any catastrophic damage. However, the sprinkler system still ended up causing severe water damage to the building.
The sprinklers first caused a flood in the room where the fire originated from. As the water kept flowing out, it eventually spread into the room next door. The water ended up damaging the floors, walls, and cabinets. Unfortunately, since it was a two story building and the flood occurred in the top floor, the water began seeping into the lower level. The first floor ended up receiving damage in similar areas as the top floor. But the ceiling and some of the material in between the first and second floor were also damaged. Due to the fire, a bad odor was also left throughout the building. They reached out to SERVPRO of South Pasadena/San Marino for assistance and we were happy to help. We were able to get to the location swiftly to inspect the situation. Afterwards, we were able to begin the mitigation and restoration process.
Don’t forget to unplug or turn off unnecessary items if you are leaving a building alone. Accidents can happen at any time of the year. Being aware and proactive can save you a lot of trouble down the road. If you ever need services relating to fire or water damage then feel free to reach out to SERVPRO of South Pasadena/San Marino. We are always happy to help. You can contact us at (626) 852-9922. We are also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!