Don't Let Your Drains Get Clogged Up
Backed up water in the restroom is one of the usual causes of water damage in households. Due to the heavy usage of the sink, shower, and toilet, it is common for the drain lines to become clogged up. When this happens water can suddenly spill all over and leave you with severe water damage. If you remain unaware or are inattentive towards the problem, then the water can spread outside of the restroom into the rest of your home, resulting in a more complex situation.
There are a variety of reasons of why water will back up including:
- Old or worn out pipes that may not be able to handle the pressure and flow of the water.
- Too many materials flowing into the sink or shower such as dirt, grease, or hair
- Flushing too much toilet paper at once
- Flushing other types of paper such as towels or wipes
- Flushing random items down the toilet and sink
- Tree roots growing into your sewage line, damaging them preventing an effective flow of water
- Heavy rainfall that finds its way into your sewage pipes
- Not cleaning drain pipes consistently
It is a good idea to inspect your restroom area for any potential concerns. Noticing them early on can save you from complications long term. If you ever do run into a situation where water overflows in your restroom area then SERVPRO of South Pasadena/San Marino specializes in dealing with water damage and we are prepared to resolve your problem. We can be reached at (626) 852-9922. We are also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a week.