Recent General Posts
SERVPRO of South Pasadena/San Marino is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who have been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration, and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO South Pasadena/San Marino
SERVPRO of South Pasadena/San Marino specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Give us a call at (626)799-1762.
Getting ready for a vacation is exciting but can be very stressful at times. Being focused on packing and trying to be on time to the airport can cause you to forget your toothbrush, your phone or more importantly, turning off the sink or unplugging the hot iron. SERVPRO of South Pasadena/San Marino has encountered many damages within the last few months that occurred while the tenant or homeowner was out of town on vacation. To enjoy a stress-free, fun vacation we advise that you take few precautions before leaving your home.
- Check pipes, hoses, faucets, water heaters and bathrooms for any type of leak.
- Clear excess debris from gutters and downspouts to prevent water build up.
- To avoid electrical fires or power surges, unplug all unnecessary appliances.
- Check all the smoke detectors in your home to ensure that they are properly working.
Asking a friend or a family member to house sit while on vacation, is always a great option. You would have a faster response to any unfortunate event that could have possibly happened. Here at SERVPRO of South Pasadena/San Marino, we want you to be able to enjoy your vacation and be able to come back to your home as you left it. Remember, with any emergency situation, SERVPRO of South Pasadena/San Marino will be ready 24/7, 365. Our friendly team will be here, ready to assist you when needed.
About Sewer Water:
While floods are probably best known for causing extensive water damage to homes and businesses, they can also cause sewage from sanitary sewer lines to back up into houses through drain pipes. These backups not only cause damage that is difficult to repair, but also create health hazards.
Just like drain pipes, the main sewer line can become clogged, this can cause sewage backups in the home. Sewer backups should be considered an emergency since water may contain bacteria and/or other microbes that may cause illnesses and/or serious health issues.
If it is just one toilet, sink, or tub that seems to be the problem, it may just be a clog in the drain. If, however, every flush creates a sewage backup in your home, you likely have a blockage in your main sewer line.
Most clogs can be prevented with regular maintenance and proper use of your drains. A few tips to herl keep your sewer line clear are:
- Do not flush tissue, napkins, diapers, and other waste down your toilet as these create clogs.
- Avoid dumping large quantities of anything down your garbage disposal that can become lodged within the sewer line.
- Do not throw grease or fat down your drain. Although in liquid form when poured down the drain, it can harden within your plumbing, collect debris thus creating a clog.
SERVPRO to the rescue!
Should you ever encounter any sewage damage in your home, call SERVPRO of S. Pasadena/San Marino. Our technicians have gone through specialized training and we use professional equipment to quickly and safely clean sewage contaminants. An inspection of your home or business will be completed to determine the appropiate plan of action for the type of water encountered. SERVPRO will make a sewer water damage seem "Like it never even happened."
ERP: Emergency Ready Plan
What is an Emergency Ready Plan (E.R.P)?
As a national sponsor for the American Red Cross. SERVPRO has teamed up with the American Red Cross to create an emergency ready plan. The Emergency Ready Plan or E.R.P. is a free web based program designed to help businesses, organizations, schools, and homeowners become better prepared for emergencies.
By setting up an emergency ready profile for your home or business, you minimize interruption by having an immediate plan of action.
"The time to prepare for a disaster is before it happens, taking steps to make your property as secure as possible, then having a plan to deal with the aftermath if disaster does strike is just good business and common sense"- Megan Willhite (SERVPRO Marketing Rep.)
What are the benefits of creating an ERP profile?
- Having a valuable service, provided at no cost to you!
- Access from anywhere, anytime 24/7.
- Receive notice of heavy rain or flood areas.
- Property overview information.
- Facility details, where the shut off valves are located.
- Emergency contact information.
- Insurance contact information.
- Submit claims right through the app.
- Allow access and share information with family members and/or facility managers.
Having access to this information while being away from the property will give you peace of mind.
How to set up an E.R.P.
SERVPRO can help you create a disaster recovery plan now, specific to your facility, so that if you need us, we can help you fast. For information on SERVPRO’s free Ready Plan Mobile Application, available on all smartphones, and tablets please visit: SERVPRO.com/ready or contact us at SERVPRO of S.Pasadena/San Marino to set up an appointment.